Chess for Rookies is a fun-to-read, leisurely, yet well-paced guide.
Assuming no prior knowledge of the game, Craig Pritchett takes the beginner on a journey through the crucial basics. Mixing instruction and good humour, this book is an ideal way to learn how to play and win at chess.
- Learn about the chessboard and how the pieces move
- Grasp the relative strengths of the chessboard forces
- Master basic chess tactics and strategies
- Get on top of trickier ideas such as castling and en passant
- Realize when to attack or defend
- Develop your opening, middlegame and endgame skills
- Learn how to use your computer to enhance skills
- Discover where best to play and enjoy chess
And after all that, be ready to play, win and enjoy!