We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Contact information including email address Billing information such as address, city and postal code
- Payment information such as credit card, PayPal or other available payment method
- IP address
- Gelocation information
- Order history
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client inquiries
How we use this data
We process your personal data for the purposes of providing the agreed services to you and for related legitimate business activities such as:
- facilitating subscriptions, and chess content purchases;
- billing you
- to contact you in response to a specific inquiry to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customizing the website and its content to your particular preferences; to notify you of any changes to the website or to our services that may affect you;
- statistical analysis; and improving our products and services.
We will ask for your specific consent if we additionally intend to use your information for any of the following purposes:
- research, and behavioral analysis;
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
We may also process your data where:
- This is necessary to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
With whom do we share your information
We may also share your personal data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal data would be transferred as an asset.
Lastly, we may share your personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations, court order or other legal process, to comply with a request from our regulators, governmental request or any other legally enforceable demand.
For service efficiency purposes, some of these affiliates and third parties are located in territories outside the EU/EEA, and from time to time we may transfer your personal data to a third country not being approved by the European Commission as a safe country for such transfer (adequacy decision). Whenever applicable, Everyman Chess will use the Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure an equivalent level of protection as granted within the EU/EEA or other lawful grounds for carrying out said transfer.
How long we keep your data?
If you want us to delete your record, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will erase your personal information.
You have a number of rights in connection with Everyman Chess' processing of your personal data. If you have any questions or want to enforce your rights, we encourage you to contact our Data Protection Office at email@example.com.
Below, you can see what rights you have at all times:
Right to access: You have access to the data that is registered on the Website, and can gain access to this data through your user account. You can also request access to what personal data we have registered about you by contacting us in writing, to the extent that this right is not restricted by applicable law. We reserve the right to require the person requesting access to verify their identity, to ensure that the personal data is disclosed to the right person.
Right to rectification or deletion: If data is incorrect or outdated you can edit them yourself through your user account. Please note that you cannot make use of the Website if you delete certain data categories. If you cannot delete or update certain data, you can request that we correct or delete them. We will, so far as possible, respond to a request to delete personal data, but we cannot do this if there are compelling reasons not to delete, for example, that we must store the information for documentation purposes.
Right to withdraw consent: If you have consented to us processing your personal data in order to receive newsletters or other forms of marketing, you may withdraw this consent at any time. When sending out newsletters, we have arranged it so that you may easily opt out of these types of communications, by including a link to an unsubscription-form in each communication.
Right to object or restrict a processing activity: Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to object to, or request that we restrict our processing of your personal data. This may be the case where we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, for example in relation to advertisement and personalization technologies.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you disagree with the way we process your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one tick box allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email
If you no longer wish to hear from us and receive our eBook special offers, you can unsubscribe via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings
- Unsubscribe from our list
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the UK Data Protection legislation.
We handle your personal data in a secure way and have established procedures that satisfy the requirements as set out in the UK data protection legislation. The security measures are of both technical, contractual and organisational nature. We conduct regular assessments of the security in all central systems that are used for the handling of personal data. We have also entered into agreements with our subcontractors who handle personal data on our behalf, that requires them to ensure appropriate information security regarding the services they provide to us.
We limit the access to personal data that is processed in the Services to personnel who have a need for access in order to carry out their tasks. We have mechanisms for access control so that personal data is only available for personnel with a justifiable need.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the everymanchess.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Our contact details
If you wish to contact us, you can write to us at 123 Buckingham Palace Road Wework London SW1W 9SH. If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com. If you want to contact our Data Protection Office, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.